02 November 2009

The Host by Stephenie Mejer

I’ve finally finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Well, if you don’t know her, don’t tell me that you know the Twilight Saga.

I’m sure that Stephanie Meyer is very melancholic. She explores her characters’ emotions deeply. It’s good. Really. But in the end, that’s what it’s all about. No hunting. No shooting. No fighting. NO ACTION. The aliens are souls and they are mild. They’re even afraid of any kind of violence. They are honest and kindhearted.

In the middle of reading, I felt like Man, it’s boring. Some of my friends, stopped read the host in this fase. No hearbeating. No adrenaline rushing. The story flowed so slowly. The characters moved only in very small scope. When will you guys save this world? When will you send those aliens back to their home? There was no clue. I was heartbroken. I stopped reading it for a few days, but then I continued reading it. But...i'm not giving up. i must finish. cause i got this book from my friend Dion on my 38th birthday. So, i have responsiblity to him to finished the book :)

As I read it, I realized that Stephanie Meyer’s strenght is not action. It’s the way she told us about universal values of life. The story is not black and white. Meyer guided us to see from the eyes of both humans and aliens. She also showed us that among them there are friendship, trust, approval, even love.

Yes, dear. That’s why the Twilight Saga drives people crazy, isn’t it? The Host will not disappoint you if this is what you’re looking for. There were complicated loves—beyond your expectations. This love grew unexpectedly, craved upon your heart, and there is no way you can explain it. But if you’re looking for some actions, forget it.

My conclusion is, it’s not that bad. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel—if there will be any. But I hope there will be more action in it. Cheers =)

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar